Conception occurs more often in December than any other month.
Studies have shown that by putting on slow background music it can make a person eat food at a slower rate
Billiards used to be so popular at one time that cigarette cards were issued featuring players
Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
More than 100 pizza box-related patents have been issued since 1976.
On average people fear spiders more than they do death
Whale eyes are the size of a grapefruit
Around 2,000 left-handed people die annually due to improper use of equipment designed only for right handed people.
The original meaning of the word grocer was referring to a person who traded food in wholesale. These people would usually sell in large quantities, or by the gross.
Teflon is the most slipperiest substance in the world
A can of Pepsi has 41 grams of sugar. This amount to about seven teaspoons of sugar
Rats can survive up to 14 days without any food
There are some ice creams that are 75% air
A Giraffe has the same number of bones in its neck as a man.
Elephants are the only Mammals that can't jump.
British scientists have found evidence that heart attacks increase significantly for people who watch soccer penalty shoot-outs
Out of all the eight letter words in the English language, only one has only one vowel in it: strength
The yo-yo was introduced in 1929 by Donald F. Duncan. The toy was based on a weapon used by 16th-century Filipino hunters.
Dolphins sleep at night just below the surface of the water. They frequently rise to the surface for air.
In West Virginia if you run over an animal, you can legally take it home and cook it for dinner.
Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
5653. Animal Facts
Baby Komodo dragons will eat their brothers and sisters if they are hungry and there is no other food.
5654. Animal Facts
Crows are one of the few larger creatures that will eat rotting and putrid flesh.
Ginger has been clinically demonstrated to work twice as well as Dramamine for fighting motion sickness, with no side effects.
The name Wendy was made up for the book 'Peter Pan'. It came from the author's friends, whom he called his fwendy (friend)
Leather skin does not have any smell. The leather smell that you sense is actually derived from the materials used in the tanning process
Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool. He changed it every 2 innings.
Paul Gauguin's Marquesas Island neighbor, Tioka, bit him on the head after he died. Tioka was following a Marquesan custom of verifying the dead.
Bill Gates designed a traffic control system for Seattle when he was only 15.
In one day, the Tootsie Roll Industry makes over 16 million lollipops
In Oklahoma, people who make ugly faces at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
5663. Animal Facts
The axolotl is a pale amphibian that is part way between a tadpole and a lizard, and lives in a single lake in Mexico. Some axolotls change shape and become land creatures, but most don't ever change.
Cats cannot survive on a vegetarian diet.
Semen contains zinc, fructose, potassium, free amino acids, and fructose.
The average person can live 11 days without water.
The biggest disco ball in the world has a diameter of 2.41 meters and 137.89 kilograms. It also has 6,900 mirror squares on it
A female ferret can die if she goes into heat and cannot find a mate
Giant flying foxes, which are a type of bat, that live in Indonesia have wingspans of nearly six feet
Chocolate manufacturers currently use 40 percent of the world's almonds and 20 percent of the world's peanuts.
22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong bank accounts in the next hour.
The slowest trainee on the SEALs obstacle course must wear a pink T-shirt that reads, Always a Lady.
Every year, the moon moves 1/2 an inch further from the earth.
Alexander Graham Bell's wife and mother were both deaf .
President George W. Bush and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner are cousins.
Gorillas are considered apes, not monkeys. The way to distinguish between an ape and a monkey is that apes do not have tails
If a shark's mouth is open to long it will suffocate.
By law, employees do not have to wash hands after sneezing.
Dolphins don't automatically breath; they have to tell themselves to.
A jellyfish is 95 percent water, and humans are about 70% water.
Movie Oddities That Make No Sense
Forever Young Naturally Eating
Benefits of Elderberry
Rules to play Basketball
Precautions while using Nail Paint
Rules to Play Football
1. Mix 1 teaspoon fresh juice of mint (pudina) leaves with 1 teaspoon lemon juice & 1 tablespoon honey. Take 3 times a day.
2. Boil a mashed ripe banana in 1 teacup milk & take 2-3 times a day.
3. Mix juice of 15-20 tender curry leaves (kadi patta) with 1 teaspoon honey & drink.
4. Take 1 tablespoon black cumin seeds (kala jeera) and roast them. Mix in another tablespoon of black cumin seeds (unroasted) and powder them finely. Take ½ teaspoon of this powder with a glass of water everyday.
5. Wash 2-3 dried figs (anjeer) very well & soak in a glass of cold water overnight. Have it first thing in the morning. Similarly have figs in the evening that have been soaked in the morning. Have them for 2-3 weeks for good results. It is effective in ordinary as well as bleeding piles.
6. 3 teaspoon of the juice of the leaves of bitter gourd (karela) mixed with a glassful of buttermilk taken every morning for a month is a good remedy for piles.
7. The juice of radish (mooli) or consuming fresh radish is very effective. The juice should be given in doses of 60-90 ml morning & evening.
8. Take ½ teaspoon each of powder of dried pomegranate flowers (anaar daana), poppy seeds (khuskhus) & dried neem leaves, twice a day with milk for bleeding piles.
9. Consuming buttermilk after food is very beneficial in the treatment and eradication of piles. Mix ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain) powder & rock salt (white) to your buttermilk. Precaution : Constipation should be avoided as it leads to an aggravation of piles.