1. Mash a ripe banana and apply on burns. Bandage with betel leaves (pan ka patta).
2. If you have a minor burn, immediately place an ice pack on the burnt area for 10 minutes.
3. Combine 4 teaspoon each of lime juice, coconut oil and rub until the betel leaves mixture turns white. Apply on affected parts.
4. Apply curry leaves (kari patta) as poultices over affected areas.
5. Spread a thin layer of honey over the burn and cover with a dressing. Repeat this regularly every two or three hours till it heals. Burns by fire Immediately apply glycerine on the burnt area.
6. Burn a handful of mango leaves to ashes and apply this on the affected parts